13 Things You Can Do For A Happy Bowel
Study of Anatomy explains that after the small intestine has absorbed and assimilated the necessary nutrients into the bloodstream, the job of the larger intestines is to let the indigested food pass out of the body in the form of waste. Here is where Ayurveda can largely help because the ease with which your colon releases waste depends on what you put in your mouth, be it herbs, vegetarian food or unhealthy heavy to digest meat or junk food.
Foods high in fiber make the best foods to eat for healthier bowel movement. "The presence of fiber can speed up transit time and draw water into your colon, resulting in soft, fluffy stools that are easy to pass," says Gaurav Verma, regional director, Sri Sri Yoga.Here are some easy tips to incorporate into your life for smoother bowel function
- Fruits and vegetables like papaya, orange, beans, and asparagus are a must have for ease of movement.
- Have lemon juice mixed in warm water first thing in the morning.
- Eat at regular intervals and chew the food at great length. Old advice about eating plenty of leafy vegetables and salads still stands true.
- Spices like carom seeds, cumin, black pepper, cardamom adds flavor and assists in proper assimilation and excretion.
- Preferably avoid having fried foods and vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, nuts like cashews and dried foods.
- Avoid smoking, coffee, and alcohol.
- stress or tension can reflect in your bowel movement too. So take it easy!
- Mix 10 gm of ajamoda powder, dry ginger, and butter milk and have it.
- Have ripe mangoes at night after meals
- Drink a glass of milk after having ripen mangoes at night.
- Have soaked fenugreek seeds or soaked green grams every morning.
- Drumstick leaves immensely help smoother bowels.
- Use tender leaves of Aragwadha tree or Purging Fistula tree in your food. They are known for their digestive prowess.
Bonus Tip-You can also go for Shankara's Cellulite Treatment Oil, Cellulite Activator and Dead Sea Salt Scrub that assist in letting go of accumulated toxins from the body, leaving you rejuvenated, detoxed and relaxed.