7 Natural and painless ways to remove blackheads
Blackheads are a nightmare, much like uninvited guests, who just wouldn’t leave. You find these tiny black dots staring back at you when you look into the mirror. Lodged between skin pores that are clogged from the dirt and goop accumulated on the skin, blackheads can sometimes be difficult to remove. The number of tools we use at home can also damage the skin, and cause scarring, among other things. But there are certain natural ways you can slowly but surely get rid of them with no traces of their existence before!
Exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate
To lead a blackhead-free life, you must make overnight exfoliation a part of your daily night routine. The skin cells renew, and our skin undergoes repair in the night while we sleep. To support the process of regeneration, it is ideal to get rid of the dead cells, excess oil, and gunk that has collected in the skin. If you have oily skin, exfoliate twice. Here are five top tips to wash your face right, without damaging the skin one bit.
For a holistic, painless, nourishing, and deep cleansing of your pores, go for the Shankara Microcrystal Exfoliation Treatment. The ultra-fine natural silica crystals combine with aloe gel and five algae extract to gently snuff away dry, dead cells revealing a healthy, youthful glow that is tangibly soft. It soothes and protects new skin. It is gentle and non-damaging to capillaries and pores.
The skin needs to be cleaned properly
If you are going out every day for work or other engagements it is almost a given that the skin collects dirt in some form. This needs to be cleared off on a regular basis, so it does not settle as a blackhead. You also need to remove makeup thoroughly, so no remnants are left behind in the skin pores. Here are four quick ways to get rid of stubborn makeup thoroughly.
Frequent face washing with mild face washes is better than never washing, for healthy skin pores
If you do not wash your face as frequently as you should, sebum and dirt can get deposited, widening the skin pores in time. For the most soothing experience in cleansing your skin pores, you can try Shankara’sHydrating Cleanser which comes richly endowed with the goodness of ultra-soothing chamomile, lavender, neem, and calendula that leaves the skin feeling soft and supple but never greasy.
Look for products that use clay
Clay absorbs excess oil and grime very well. It also tightens the skin pore. So you can use it as a face mask to minimize the appearance of pores. Shankara’s Deep Pore Cleansing Mask, is made using ingredients like neem, white clay, and tea tree that draw out impurities and absorb excess oil. Grapefruit seed extract and white clay help increase the glow on the skin that is clean, healthy, and fresh. To use it, apply generously to the face avoiding the eye contour area Leave for 10-20 minutes and rinse off
You could use a steam
Always always steam your face before trying to win the battle with blackheads. Steaming helps to widen the skin pores, and soften and dislodge the dirt, so the blackheads can come off easily. Steaming simply makes it easier and less painful to work with blackheads. The sweat beads also help detoxify the skin further.
The magic of mineral salt, honey and lemon in a scrub
A simple but very useful chink in your armor for dealing with blackheads is a natural scrub that combines mineral salt, honey, and lemon peel. The lemon offers astringency to remove the grime; the salts offer intense exfoliation; while the honey offers the required moisture and hydration to soften and oleate the new layers of the skin. You find all these three, along with a dozen other herbs and active compounds in Shankara’s signature Dead Sea Salt Scrub. It has neem, a powerful purifying and soothing herb; and yucca root which tightens skin pores and provides antioxidant protection. The other gifted herbs that go into the making of this au-natural scrub include ground papaya leaves, turmeric powder, barley flour, orange and lemon peel powder, ashwagandha, and Brahmi powder and manjishta powder.
To use the scrub, apply to wet palm and massage over wet skin or mix equal parts of Scrub and Body Oil and massage over dry skin. Rinse it off or soak in a warm bath. You can use the scrub thrice a week. Do not use it if you have sensitive or irritated skin.
General dos and don’ts for managing blackheads
- Do not pop them, no matter how intense the temptation. It can scar or infect your skin, and damage the skin.
- Avoid using tweezers or pointy tool weapons to fight this battle against blackheads. With some patience, the ideas mentioned above should work.
- Make sure the products you use for exfoliation are gentle on your skin. And that’s why our recommendation stands to be Shankara offerings that use mild ingredients which are always gentle and nourishing for the skin.
- Always moisturize after cleanup or exfoliation since the skin will tend to get dry. You need a moisturizer for a protective barrier against pollutants and dirt while hydrating your skin. You can go for an oil-based moisturizer if you have dry skin or pick out a water-based option if you have oily or combination skin. With Shankara’s Timeless Moisturizer, you can experience the rich and silky feeling of our skin, powered by the exotic red-gold saffron in an exquisite blend of lotus, sandalwood, and other time tested rejuvenating and skin nourishing herbs. All skin types will enjoy the potent antioxidant protection, the super hydrating, moisturizing, and brightening effect, and the renewed ageless glow!
- Wash your face every day thrice with a gentle face wash.