Dry or Sensitive Skin? Does Your Cleanser Have These 3 Components?
Every skin type has its own specific needs. Delicate and sensitive skin, also dry skin, will need a cleanser that is effective, gentle, soothing and also hydrating. A cleanser should absolutely not disturb the delicate acid mantle of the skin which causes more dryness and sensitivity while creating an open ground for bacteria to grow.
An ideal hydrating cleanser will gently and thoroughly cleanse the skin with ingredients that are both calming and purifying. They should also be nourishing and help arrest aging. Here are a few key ingredients, that a good cleanser must have-
There are over 150 nutritional ingredients in the Aloe Vera plant,
- It has minerals, vitamins, salicylic and amino acids, and sterols.
- Aloe Vera has very strong anti-inflammatory benefits, with three different anti-inflammatory compounds found naturally in the plant.
- It is particularly effective at soothing burns including sunburned skin.
- The extract can facilitate healing in other skin abrasions due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- The herb also helps to ward off acne-causing bacteria and reduce redness and inflammation.
- It has great moisturizing properties.
- Aloe also has the additional benefit of being a natural anti-oxidant; it stops free radicals from breaching its barrier and prematurely aging the skin.
- The extract contains vitamins A, C and E which help the body to expel toxins.
Lemon Balm has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant and anti-viral properties to name only a few.
- Used topically, it can help diminish the spread of infections and speed up healing.
- It also brings relief from symptoms such as itching and redness. At least part of this effect is due to the antiviral properties of caffeic acid and rosmarinic acid, contained in lemon balm.
- It has calming effect on the skin and mind
Sandalwood is not only cooling and soothing but also
- has antiseptic and disinfectant properties.
- The antiseptic quality of sandalwood is helpful in treating rashes, acne, blackheads and other skin eruptions. Its germicidal quality inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Reduces stress that wears on the skin
- Has relaxing properties for the muscles and nerves
- Also helps balance the skin tone
- It also acts as a natural sunscreen
Most of the polyphenols in green tea are catechins.
- Catechins, which are antioxidants by nature, have been shown to function as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents. One of the major catechins in green tea has been shown to be the most effective agent against skin inflammation and cancerous changes in the skin.
- Green tea naturally draws out impurities, shrink large pores and give a healthy glow.
- It is known to improve skin complexion and reduce dark circles.
Lemon balm- www.cottagehillherbs.co.nz
Green Tea- www.fusionteas.com
Aloe Vera- www.mnn.com